How to apply
We welcome applications from students of all countries. A Diploma, Staatsexamen or a Master's degree are equivalent qualifications for admission. It will be expected that candidates also work towards acquiring some basic knowledge of the German language.
Application to the School is possible throughout the whole year. Please, use the form available on the web. A complete application must include:
- a complete and signed application form, including
- a list of all courses and credits
- a statement of purposes and goals
- a summary of scientific and non-scientific interests
- copies of academic certificates (including High School Diploma, BSc, Vordiplom etc.). Each certificate should be individually converted into a pdf and named in a self explanatory way.
- a Curriculum Vitae
- a photo portrait
- good knowledge of English required (proof of proficiency in English such as with TOEFL/IELTS scores, is welcome)
- a copy of the MSc or Diploma thesis (with an abstract in English if the thesis is written in a different language)
- three letters of recommendation if possible, including this form (the referees can send their recommendations by regular mail or by email)
Material should be submitted all at once, and electronically as PDF documents by email to email@example.com only. NOTE that incomplete applications will not be accepted. Please also note that you can only apply once.
Eligible candidates will be invited for an interview. The interview will be held in Hannover or Potsdam or alternatively conducted by phone. Decisions about admission will be made soon after the interviews.
If you have questions about your application contents, you can contact a staff member in the IMPRS Office:firstname.lastname@example.org