Arlt/Schnabel; Tue 12:00 – 13:00, Wed 12:00 – 14:00, room F342 (1101); Exercises Tue 13:00 – 14:00, room F342 (1101)
- Quantization of the EM Field
- Quantum States of the EM Field (Fock, Glauber, Squeezed States)
- Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle (Number/Phase, Amplitude/Phase Quadratures)
- Photon Statistics, Quantum Noise
- Bell’s Inequality and Nonlocality
- Creation of Squeezing and Entanglement
- Spontaneous Emission, Lamb Shift, Casimir Effects
- Atom Field Interaction with Coherent Fields, Dressed States
- Photon Scattering, Feynman Graphs
- Multiphoton Processes
- Quantum Theory of Nonlinear Susceptibility
- Experiments in Modern Quantum Optics
- Mandel/Wolf, "Optical Coherence and Quantum Optics"
- Walls/Milburn, "Quantum Optics"
- Bachor/Ralph, "A Guide to experiments in Quantum Optics"
- Schleich, "Quantum Optics in Phase space"